What is cozier this cold season than a pair of fuzzy socks and slippers, and a hot drink recipe? There is nothing more soothing than wrapping your fingers around a piping hot mug of mulled wine or hot cocoa. If you are looking for ideas for a new, favorite hot drink recipe, we are here to help. Check out the list below, try some of the recipes that we happily share, and choose your new favorite beverage for this cold season.
- Easy Chai Tea. You might have never tried the Chai Tea recipe at home, having the impression that it is a difficult one to make. Chai Tea is easier to make than you think. You only need to combine crushed spices, cinnamon sticks, ginger, milk, and tea bags. Boil all these together and let steep for 10 minutes. If you enjoy an extra kick of caffeine, then add a shot of espresso. You will obtain a DIY dirty chai.
- Spicy mulled wine. You probably know how to make mulled wine, but we have a new recipe that you will love. If you host a party and have a big crowd to satisfy, mulled wine is the perfect hot beverage to prepare as a big batch. You can obtain a balanced cocktail instead of a sticky sweet one if you simply add peppercorns and spicy fresh ginger.
- Creamy caramel latte. You might think that you need fancy ingredients for this luscious latte. You might also think that you need a good espresso machine and a milk frother. The truth is that you can make an extra-strong coffee in a French press, and you can froth the milk in a mason jar.
- Warm mulled cider. Have you ever tried mulled cider? You probably tried mulled wine but mulled cider is even better in our opinion. What you need is a good apple cider, ginger, and orange zest. You will love both the smell and the taste.
- Spiced hot cocoa. I am sure that you already know how to prepare hot cocoa. Just follow your regular recipe and add ground chipotle and cinnamon. You will thank me later.
- Blender eggnog. You probably love egg nog, but you rarely prepare it because it takes a lot of time. What if we tell you that you can simply blend all the ingredients and enjoy the same taste? Try it, and egg nog will surely be part of your cold season routine from now on.
- Minty hot cocoa float. How can you transform the delicious, traditional hot cocoa into a dessert-like treat? It is easier than you think: you add a scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream. It tastes as delicious as it sounds.
Lots of people don’t like winter because it is cold and dirty. You might be one of them, but we are sure that winter will slowly but surely become one of your favorite seasons if you try the hot drink recipes mentioned above.