Monitoring the heart rate during a workout or physical training is now considered as one of the effective practices that will help the fitness and sports enthusiasts and professionals to find out if the training was effective and worth it.
What is a heart rate monitor?
The heart rate monitor is a personal monitoring device that will provide the wearer a real-time data or measurement of the heart rate continuously – which is a great benefit for individuals who works out and does physical strength and endurance training.
Following the heart rate monitor system, the target goal is to work-out or train within the target heart zone while aiming to get the maximum impact, at the same time, to keep the cardiovascular system safe during the strenuous workout. According to the experts, it is not safe to increase the intensity that is beyond your heart can handle; it is recommended that during exercise, the heart rate should be between 55 to 85 percent of the maximum heart rate. This is how important having a heart rate monitor, you can measure, whether the training or exercise program is safe while you are aiming to get the maximum impact.
What are the types of heart rate monitors?
Generally, there are two types of heart rate monitors – a wireless chest strap heart monitor and a pulse monitor (wrist heart rate monitor device).
- Wireless chest strap heart monitor is a device that you strap around the chest and the sensor should be close to the heart. The sensor located at the strap will gather the data and will send it to the monitor that is worn on the wrist. This type of heart rate monitor system is the simplest and most accurate since the sensor in the strap is placed near to the heart.
- Wristwatch touch type monitor is the most convenient heart monitoring device and least expensive. Most of these trackers use light sensors to measure the pulse; the data gathered will be readily provided on the display. However, in terms of accuracy, the chest strap heart monitor is more accurate than the wristwatch heart rate monitor.
To get a wider scope about the types of heart rate monitors, you should visit this reliable website https://myheartratemonitor.com/types-of-heart-rate-monitors/ .
Who can use a heart rate monitor system?
Heart rate monitor isn’t only designed for people with medical conditions that require frequent heart rate monitoring; devices like these are a great help for:
- Physical training (training on strength and endurance)
- Runners (to keep the cardiorespiratory system on check)
Which heart rate monitor is best for you?
If you are planning to invest in heart rate monitor and it is your first time to do so, here are the essential factors to consider when choosing the best heart rate monitor system:
- Monitor type; choose which is convenient for you.
- Monitor features; get a heart rate monitor that provides better features in terms of data reading and accuracy.
- Accuracy; choose a heart rate monitor that will provide you accurate data reading.
Was this helpful?
If you need additional details on these, visit My Heart Rate Monitor’s website today.