Tripping with psychedelic mushrooms is now one of the most used methods in Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy. What exactly it is? How about microdosing? Is it essential?
What is a psychedelic mushroom?
Psychedelic mushrooms (wild or cultivated) are mushrooms, containing psilocybin – active hallucinogenic and psychoactive compounds. Psychedelic mushrooms, also known as magic mushrooms or shrooms, is now one of the most used psychedelic substance for the Psychedelic-Assisted Therapy as it always promise a safe and positive experience when tripping.
What do psychedelic mushrooms do?
The positive or negative effects of psychedelic mushrooms depend on the potency of the shroom and the dosage consumed. Checkthese shrooms and their potency:
- Psilocybeazurescens or “flying saucer mushroom” contains 1.78 percent of psilocybin. This is considered one of the most potent strains of Psychedelic mushrooms.
- PsilocybeBaeocystis or “knobby tops” contain 0.85 percent of psilocybin.
- Psilocybesemilanceata or “liberty cap” contains 0.98 percent of psilocybin.
- PsilocybeCubensis or “golden teacher” or “golden cap” contains 0.63 percent of psilocybin. The P. cubensis is considered the gateway to the world of psychedelic mushrooms because of its low potency on psilocybin but contains a high level of psilocin with 0.60 percent. Psilocin is another active hallucinogenic compound that affects the serotonin receptors, enabling you to feel peace and euphoria.
- PsilocybeCyanescens or “wavy caps” contain 0.85 percent of psilocybin.
The length and the severity of effects of the consumed magic shroom will vary. Again, it will depend on the shroom strain and the dose.
Here are the common effects of magic mushrooms:
- Having better spiritual and good shamanic experience.
- Experiencing revelatory insights.
- Having enhanced insights.
- Experiencing a good and relaxed mood.
- Improved mood and focus.
- Positive perception towards surroundings, even the perception of colors, emotions, vision, and more.
Despite the controversies on psychedelic mushrooms, more studies have proven that these shrooms contain compounds that can help the following health problems:
- Help treatment of extreme anxiety and end-f0-life depression.
- Helping people with PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder).
- Cessation of smoking addiction.
Several new or old psychocauts are worried about experiencing a “bad trip” or bad acid trip.
A bad trip is an unpleasant or terrifying experience while intoxicated with psychedelic mushrooms. Here are the common things you’ll experience when having a bad acid trip”:
- Extreme and terrifying experience.
- Experiencing time is standing still, negatively.
- Having negative thoughts about the surroundings.
- Extreme paranoia.
- Extreme mood changes.
To avoid experiencing a bad acid trip, you need to get the right strain and consume the right dose for you. And to achieve the right dose, you need to understand how microdosing works.
What is microdosing?
Microdosing is a method of consuming a psychedelic substance at low doses. The purpose of microdosing psychedelic substances is to avoid extreme intoxication of the substance, addiction, and experiencing life-threatening situations during the tripping session.
How to microdose psychedelic mushrooms?
There are factors to consider when microdosing. These factors include:
- The type of the shroom.
- The strain.
- The health history of the person who will consume the shroom.
To get the right dose for you, you need to consult a licensed therapist or a doctor who can assist you with psychedelic mushroom tripping.